20 Reasons Why You Should Belly Dance
by Ritambhara Sahni- Belly Dance Institute Mumbai.
They say, ‘dance is the hidden language of the soul’. Well, it certainly has always been the language of my soul. I have danced my way through life, practicing dance for over 20 years now with my former institute - Ritambhara Sahni's Institute for the performing Arts and now belly dance Institute Mumbai.
In the 2 decades that have gone by, I began with teaching urban hip hop, popping and locking, Jazz, contemporary, etc.. before delving into the world of belly dance for 11 years now after having established my Belly dance Institute Mumbai.
Shakira took the world by storm with her graceful belly dance movements and so can you! I established the institute for belly dance in Mumbai in 2005 for all the beautiful women who yearned to learn this form of art but wondered if they ever could, would or should! Allow my 20 years of experience to clear the haze that blurs your thoughts as I go on to tell you 20 reasons as to why you could, would or should let go of your hesitations and learn this beautiful dance - belly dance!!
Have you ever stood exasperated in front of the mirror and thought to yourself that you don’t look good or fit enough or stared at those that exuded confidence galore and wondered how they had it all? Now, you will notice that even you have it all. While you stand in front of the mirror and see yourself flow in camel and snake like curves in tune with the upbeat music, you will not only fall in love with all those curves of your beautiful body but also hold your posture with a self-assured poise.This dance art gets you to love yourself in your own skin.
2. For all ages and sizes:This is a dance where age and size are forgettable numbers. It doesn’t matter once you see your gorgeous hips doing a thrust or see how your belly looks during a shimmy! The body says what words sometimes fail to and when you belly dance, there’s nothing that voices it louder than movement. Whether you’re 20 or 40, going through puberty or menopause, this is a great dance to soothe those raving hormones since the abdominal organs are strengthened by an increase in blood circulation.
|Ritambhara Sahni - Belly Dance Institute Mumbai photo courtesy - click here|
3. A healthier and happier you:
4. The younger you:As the good old saying goes, there is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness. This is so true. There really is no beauty that is attractive without happiness, so rejuvenate your senses with the intoxicating belly dance and music for a splurge of endorphins, which by the way, take credit for a happier you.
|Belly Dance Institute Mumbai- photo courtesy - click here|
5. It’s your time:As we walk through life, our responsibilities increase and there comes a day as an adult when you find yourself juggling to meet the work-life balance. This is strenuous, so give yourself the much needed break and you will find it so gratifying to have a time dedicated just to you. I’ll give you my word on this.
6. The workout drill:Ok. So let’s face it. Hitting the gym is not for everyone. It gets monotonous after a while if you aren’t really passionate about building a 6 pack! And for all of you’ll out there who want a great body, dance is the best solution and in particular belly dance. You have really not witnessed a real workout session until you have watched a dance practice. Unlike other forms of exercise, this is not a gruelling workout that leaves you exhausted but it is one that will lift your spirits and give you a high!
|Ritambhara Sahni - Belly Dance -Photo Courtesy - Click here|
7. So you think you can dance:
8. Fun and friends:Doctors, teachers, architects and all you aspiring students to be young professionals, it is not always easy to go crazy and have fun in a place that demands work ethics. But here you will find a place where you will meet people that match your wavelength and you will find it so easy to make friends. The people are the soul of a place and this is primarily what binds the dancing community. Everyone’s willing to help the other get better and in the process find a friend in each other.
|Belly dance Institute Mumbai- photo courtesy - click here|
9. Dress in style:Who doesn’t love to look good because doesn’t that make you feel good too? Wouldn’t you also love to wear the famous belly dance bedlahs and listen to how they jiggle in rhythm to your shimmy! Apart from that, you will be equipped with a style quotient like none other that is going to get a lot of heads turning.
10. Accessorize in style:If you don’t need a reason to accessorize and look trendy, here’s a dance that encourages you to go bonkers over the various bands you can accessorize yourself with. You will love the new you with tinkling head, wrist AND waist bands.
|Ritambhara Sahni's belly dance class in mumbai - PHOTO COURTESY - CLICK HERE|
11. A round of selfies:After dressing up and adorning yourself with the belly dance accessories, it definitely calls for a selfie time! Pose away in the sexy belly dance postures, teamed with friends who share your new passion on facebook to instantly receive a whole lot of likes!
12. The sounds of music:The complex tones and overtones of the Middle Eastern music will make you automatically want to dance. You just can’t help it and will soon find yourself familiarizing yourself with various artistes. Apart from swaying your hip to Shakira or Tarkan in a club you will know how to sway to the drumbeats while holidaying in Morocco or Egypt.
|Ritambhara Sahni's belly dance class in mumbai photo courtesy - click here|
13. Global recognition:The Middle East has spread its culture across the lengths and breadths of the planet so you will always find a place where you’re newly acquired dance skills will get noticed. Also with the internet today, you are your own broadcaster. The internet can get you global recognition absolutely.
14. Choreographed learning:In most dance classes, you will be taught the different techniques through a choreographed sequence. This is a great way to learn since you will get immense satisfaction learning from the others in the group and it will better your skills. Apart from that, you will learn to not only quicken your step to match the beats of the music but also perform a sequence in unison with the rest of the group. In the process of sharpening your auditory senses, you will be memorizing an entire choreographed sequence that in itself will be satisfying and fulfilling.
15. In sync with the mind and the body:A lot of belly dance practitioners involve yoga and similar exercise routines into their dance core development. As you begin to dance you will also observe that belly dancing is not just about jiggling the abdomen. Here's a dance that involves intense control over the muscles and requires a lot of flexibility. If you find yourself inflexible, don’t worry, with practice the body learns and every extra stretch goes in the muscle memory.
16. Revel in revealing:Different cultures react differently to revealing the midriff of the torso. But if you are one of those who feel a toned stomach looks better revealed than those obliques, there's no need to show your tummy. As a matter of fact, Egyptian belly dancers wear a body stocking to conceal their midriff. In any case, I would suggest to not worry about not being able to revel in revealing and just enjoy the dance.
17. Celebrate - Not Dance for men:Well, this is a strange misconception because honestly this is a dance which has its roots in a society where women are in seclusion. So most of the time, the cultural norm sees the women dance among their family and for themselves. The dance exudes a sensuous confidence so men will find it as attractive as women do. So, appreciate the dance for what it is and lets take away the misconception that this is a dance for men.
18. Feel good factor:Ultimately this is a dance that celebrates you. It celebrates your feminism and your body for what it is and that will make you feel absolutely wonderful about yourself. Belly dance will lift your spirits and will make you a more confident person.
19. Dance anywhere:Equipped with the newly learnt belly dance techniques, you will find yourself not dancing in the mere confinement of your bedroom any longer. From doing chest isolations while waiting for the traffic signal to turn green to doing the shimmy while standing in a crowded bus, you will find yourself dancing to any rhythm and every beat.
20. Fun? Costumes? Make up? Friends? Music?
Tell me in the comments below what you think number 20 should be. I cant wait to read your reasons to pick belly dancing!
YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN HERE TO COMMENT
Want to know more on Belly Dance Institute Mumbai and Ritambhara Sahni
you could go to the following links.- Centers in Mumbai at Colaba, Bandra West, Khar West and Andheri West
centers at Colaba, Bandra West, Khar West and Andheri West
Harmony Magazine Article - Ritambhara Sahni of Belly Dance Institute Mumbai now training senior citizens for Belly Dance
Ritambhara Sahni's article - Bombay Times- Times of India on Belly Dance Awareness in Mumbai and India
Bombay Times Article on Belly Dance Institute Mumbai by Ritambhara Sahni on Belly Dance and Dandiya Fusion
Bombay Times Article on - Ritambhara Sahni asking her expert advise on Sh'bam and Belly Dance fitness workouts
Belly Dance Institute Mumbai - centers at Colaba, Bandra West , Khar West and Andheri West
About Ritambhara Sahni and her Articles
All About Ritambhara Sahni - Her journey with dance and belly dance - her beginning and her complete journey untill today.
Ritambhara Sahni on her she got Belly Dance To Mumbai and fullfilled her childhood dream to Belly Dance
Ritambhara Sahni on her battle and journey to change the viewpoint about Belly Dance in Mumbai and India
Review - Real life Review of Ritambhara Sahni - her student on Belly Dance and her Failed Love Story
Belly Dance Institute Mumbai - centers at Colaba, Bandra West , Khar west and Andheri West
Review - by Ritambhara Sahni - her students
Review - Ritambhara Sahni - her student Rinky - Review on Belly Dance Institute Mumbai by Ritambhara Sahni
Testimonial by Ritambhara Sahni - her students
Testimonial - Ritambhara Sahni - her student Sangita - Testimonial on Belly Dance Institute Mumbai by Ritambhara Sahni
About Ritambhara Sahni's Belly Dance Institute Mumbai - Student Information
|Belly dance Institute Mumbai by Ritambhara Sahni|
One more reason to join belly dancing is Ritambhara Sahni and her institute - Belly dance institute Mumbai by Ritambhara Sahni. I am one of her students from her center at Bandra and also her center at Khar. Ritambhara Sahni and her institute explains you the real defination of belly dance as well as develops your interest in it. This belly dance class in Mumbai concentrates on the techniques and helps us learn technical belly dancing. Belly Dance Institute Mumbai helps us develop our personality. As belly dance Institute Mumbai says awaken the Goddess within- the institute actually does that. After every session i feel refreshed and confident. This not only develops your personality but makes you feel good about yourself. The ' you' in every woman is brought out. Apart from the dance Ritambhara Sahni's warmness impliedly encourages us to do well. Here good moves and mistakes both are appreciated . Ritambhara Sahni's beautiful smile makes you feel at home, so to experience the best belly dance and the best belly dance class in Mumbai - do join belly dance institute Mumbai by Ritambhara Sahni. Not only at her bandra and Khar center but i have my friends in her colaba and andheri center and they too feel the same way. After doing Ritambhara Sahni's show right here in Bandra and Khar auditoriums, i feel i have risen to a new level. Performance under Ritambhara Sahni's guidance is a must i would say if you are aspiring to be a professional belly dance artist. Lots to learn and achieve really fast mam at your institute - belly dance institute mumbai by Ritambhara Sahni. Im glad to be a part of this belly dance class in Mumbai.ReplyDelete
Very well written, 've learnt something new, thanks for the shareReplyDelete
Thank u :)Delete
Great article - Ritambhara Sahni. Simply loved it. I am sure a lot of people would read this article as it is really so well written and the students at belly dance institute mumbai would simply love and agree with this. i would like to take this opportunity to thank you. Thank you Ritambhara Sahni for bringing (and keeping) belly dance into my life in such a positive way. Thank you for giving me confidence, for making me strong, for building my strength, and for helping me to shed a bunch of weight and several pants sizes! Thank you for bringing together an amazing group of people! Thank you for being amazing yourselves! Since I last checked in at belly dance institute Mumbai, I've kept off those horrible extra kilos, and now I'm working on toning everything up - Your advice, instruction, and enthusiasm keeps me going even when I don't want to anymore.I so look forward to my weekends with Ritambhara Sahni's belly dance institute Mumbai. It's my time for me - making me stronger, happier, healthier and better prepared for each day. The camaraderie of the group, the uplifting atmosphere, the positive results ... all contribute to the experience but the best part about it is the FUN! We work hard together, share the pain and share the joy!"The level of service at Belly Dance Institute Mumbai is fantastic. Having known Ritambhara Sahni for many years, I am continually impressed by her energy and professionalism. Thank you for making belly dance so much fun. In this day and age, it's hard to find a company you can believe in. Belly Dance Institute Mumbai by Ritambhara Sahni was recommended to me by a friend, and now I know why - the instructors and classes are outstanding. Keep up the good work Ritambhara Sahni and your team of instructor at belly dance institute Mumbai by Ritambhara Sahni.ReplyDelete
I am surly very impressed with Belly Dance Institute Mumbai and its artististic director - Ritambhara Sahni and to leave my review / testimonial / experience here is crucial because i feel there is alot to learn and gain here. I am from the Andheri west center and i also have the priveledge to attent at her other centers just like all students and i do make it a point to attend at the bandra Khar center . Ritambhara Sahni mam is very professional, friendly, inspirational and with lots of energy. She knows the strengths and weaknesses of every student and makes extra effort to guide them. My very good friend who is also a part of this institute says,"I always have an amazing time at the dance class, learning 'beautiful belly dance techniques in their purest form', from an extra nice teacher- Ritambhara Sahni mam." My friend and me would recommend Bellyy Dance Institute Mumbai by Ritambhara Sahni highly to anyone because it is a perfect place to learn and enjoy learning belly dancing at the same time. Thanks to the exciting work of Ritambhara Sahni. I have always loved belly dancing...and truly believe that once a dancer always a dancer, specially if you have a guru like Ritambhara Sahni at belly dance institute Mumbai. She challenges me as a belly dancer and keeps the creative juices flowing. The Belly Dance Institute Mumbai team provides the best when it comes to providing platform for aspiring dancers to learn & nurture their talent. For me, dance is no more a hobby it's a passion thanks to Belly Dance Institute Mumbai ! Ritambhara Sahni's belly dance institute Mumbai will always have a special place in my heart. It is like my second family and I love being an essential tool in the team. Love you Belly dance institute Mumbai and Ritambhara Sahni. :)ReplyDelete